Jelly Beans, Eggs & Easter Oh My!
Baskets and bonnets in hand, celebrate Easter on April 16th weekend. There’s Easter Egg hunts, posing with the Easter Bunny and Easter brunches to enjoy with family and friends. (For events, be sure to check ahead to see if you need a reservation or if there is a fee. For brunch, make reservations now.)
Sweet Stuff & Bunny Photos – Candy:
You can fill your Easter baskets with hand-crafted candies from William Dean, Kilwin’s, Meyer’s House of Sweets, The Candy Kitchen, Zeno’s Boardwalk Sweet Shop.
Through April 15th, you can get an Easter activity sheet and photo with the bunny at International Plaza with purchase. Every spring, our lovable Bunny pops up at the Tyrone Mall in Dillard’s Court through April 15.
- Underwater Egg Hunt and Spring Festival, 10 am –noon St. Pete Beach Aquatic Complex & Horan Park. Located at 76th Ave. & Boca Ciega Dr., St. Pete Beach
- Egg Hunt, Easter Bunny & Bonnet Contest, 10 am Treasure Island Community Center, 154 106th Ave., Treasure Island.
- Easter Egg Hunt, 8 am – 10 am Glazer Children’s Museum, 110 W Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa. You can hunt for eggs, meet the Easter Bunny, and cuddle adorable animals.
- The Gulf Beaches Rotary Club with the assistance of the Isle of Capri Civic Assoc. will sponsor an EASTER EGG HUNT – Saturday, April 15th at 10:00am at the Treasure Island Community Center and Park, Gulf Boulevard at 106th Avenue.
Activities for children 10 year old and younger will include an egg hunt; bonnet and hat contest; and a visit with the Easter Bunny. Bring your cameras so that you can take your picture with the Easter Bunny. The event is FREE. For additional information please contact the Treasure Island Recreation Department (727) 547-4575 or (727)367-2303.
- Giant Easter Egg Hunt, 11 am – 2pm Coachman Park, Downtown Clearwater.
- Easter Dance Party – 6 -10 pm Gulfport Casino Ballroom 5500 Shore Blvd. S. Lesson at 6 pm, semi-formal attire. Special dance presentations, cash bar, snacks.
EASTER BUFFET & BRUNCHES
Many of the local hotels offer holiday buffets, so call your favorite one. Be sure to check our Breakfast of Champions article in this issue for other ideas. Call ahead for hours, price and reservation. Some of our favorite Easter celebrations can be found at Tradewinds Island Resort, Middlegrounds, the Don Cesar, The Vinoy, FarmTable Kitchen, Cassis American Brasserie as well as these four outstanding buffets.
Majestic Ballroom, 5300 Gulf Blvd., St. Pete Beach; 855-318-9004
Sup on shrimp, crab claws, oysters and clams, lobster bisque, delectable salads and soups, then move on to make your own omelet, fresh waffles with strawberries, herb seared check with Portobello mushroom sauce, roasted baby veggies, whipped potatoes and the ham and prime rib carving station but ave room for dessert, especially those scintillating petit fours.
DoubleTree Beach Resort By Hilton
17120 Gulf Blvd., N. Redington Beach; 727-369-7180
Shrimp, mussels, prime rib, bone-in ham, fruit, cheese, made-to-order omelets, blackened salmon, oven-roasted pork loin, marinated beef tips, veggies, salad bar, dessert bar and a kid’s station with a view of the Gulf is just the ticket.
400 Beach Seafood & Tap House
400 Beach Dr NE downtown St. Pete; 727-896-2400
Start with fresh fruit, cheese, salads, deviled eggs, roasted veggies, or the dessert room (there’s Peeps!), then graze the bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, cheese blintz, sliced ham, rice, salmon, peel & eat shrimp, herbed crusted leg of lamb and roasted garlic top round beef while enjoying some of the best cocktails and wines/craft beers DTSP.
Easter Brunch at Serengeti Overlook: Busch Gardens
Tampa Bay, Reservation times: 10:00 am, 10:15 am, 10:45 am & 11:00 am
Overlook the Serengeti Plain while you enjoy our Easter Brunch Buffet.
Article by By Nanette Wiser